UNC Health is excited to announce a new fellowship program with the UNC Physician Network. UNC Physicians Network (UNCPN), a UNC Health System owned entity, provides management services for more than 100 ambulatory primary and specialty care practices which support our system partners in 14 North Carolina Counties. Through operational support that helps each practice provide complete care to patients, UNCPN makes the expertise and empathy of the UNC Health System accessible to more of North Carolina. During the year-long appointment, the Administrative Fellow will gain familiarity with the operations across the physician network and have a high level of exposure to senior leaders. Additionally, the UNCPN Administrative Fellow will attain a broad exposure to the entire organization, while also developing and refining hard skills that will lay a strong foundation for the rest of his or her career.
About UNC Physicians Network:
Founded in 2009, UNCPN is physician-led and dyad-organized, with physician leaders working in collaboration with their operational counterparts. Additionally, committees representing our expansive network and focused on essential and transformational areas (such as virtual care & medical informatics, population health, children’s health, wellness and experience) drive our work. UNCPN is committed to the AHA’s Equity of Care Pledge and leading the way in diversity, equity and inclusion efforts as a health care provider and employer.
Applications will be coordinated through our internal job posting system. Timeline for the 2021 – 2022 Fellowship Application Cycle is as follows:
- The Application is now LIVE, please click here to apply.
- Tuesday, August 11, 2020 - Application will go live
- Friday, September 11, 2019 @ 11:59pm EST – Application Deadline Note: Applications submitted after 11:59pm EST will not be considered
- Late September 2020 – Phone interviews
- Early October 2020 – Onsite interviews
- Mid October 2020 – Candidates notified
Please be sure to carefully review your application before submitting. If you have applied for positions with UNC Health in the past, be sure to update your profile information. You can use this posting link to apply for all four of the available fellowship locations at UNC Health. You only need to apply once, however, make note of the requirements listed below if you plan to apply for more than one site.
Fellowship Site Locations
UNC Medical Center (1-2 Admin Fellows, 935 Beds)
UNC Rex Healthcare (1 Admin Fellow, 660 Beds)
Caldwell UNC Health Care (1 Admin Fellow, 110 Beds)
UNC Physicians Network (1 Admin Fellow, 100+ practices)
Apply for the fellowship at the link provided through our internal job posting system. Please provide the following items as “Attachments” to your online application.
- Official Graduate school transcript
- Three recommendation letters – at least one academic and one professional. These letters should address the applicant’s administrative and/or management experience as well as academic qualifications. The letters can be addressed to the Fellowship Selection Committee.
- Personal Statement – Introduce yourself in a one-page personal statement regarding what you hope to achieve from a fellowship at one of our sites and what draws you to that particular site.
- Your essay answering ONE of the following three prompts in no more than 300 words:
- If you were the CEO of UNC Health, what is the first thing you would do?
- Describe the environment in which you were raised-(your family, home, neighborhood, or community) and how it influenced the person you are today.
- Tell us about an achievement, not listed on your resume, of which you are most proud.
Please note: Applicants applying to more than one of the UNC Health Care fellowship programs must submit a separate personal statement for each of the fellowships sites they are applying to.