Tighten your stomach with a tummy tuck at Eskra Plastic Surgery in Kinston and Goldsboro. Also called abdominoplasty, this procedure can help you finally lose excess skin around your abdomen and make you feel more confident.
What is Abdominoplasty?
Abdominoplasty is not weight-loss surgery, but it flattens your belly by tightening muscles, removing fat, and trimming sagging skin. Board-certified plastic surgeon Benjamin Eskra, MD, will help you determine the best approach for you:
- Complete abdominoplasty – Takes up to five hours, treats the area from hip to hip, and requires a wide incision low on the abdomen and around your navel
- Mini or partial abdominoplasty – Takes up to two hours, uses shorter incisions, and treats only the area below your belly button
Am I a Candidate for Tummy Tuck?
You’ll be the best candidate for this surgery if:
- You’ve lost a lot of weight and maintained a stable weight since then
- You’re done having children
- You have realistic expectations
During an initial consultation, Dr. Eskra will discuss your goals, options, risks and benefits, and likely outcomes. Talk to us about the length and possible placement of the scar so you’ll be more satisfied with your results.
Paying for Abdominoplasty
Talk to us about costs because insurance plans do not cover abdominoplasty. We’ll help you tailor a treatment plan to your needs and budget.
Your stomach may swell and feel sore for several weeks to a few months. Ask Dr. Eskra and your nurse how to stay as comfortable as possible during recovery.
To improve your long-term results, eat healthy and exercise. Schedule follow-up appointments with Dr. Eskra in the weeks after treatment to check on your health and ask questions.