Medical Weight Management
UNC Physicians Network offers a personalized, healthy weight loss program to address each patient’s medical, nutritional and lifestyle needs.
What to expect
Your care team includes your primary care provider, a board certified weight management doctor, counselor, dietitian and pharmacist. They will help you set realistic weight loss goals and support you in making healthy lifestyle changes. You will meet with your care team regularly to track progress and adjust your plan and goals as needed.
- Affordable care. You’ll pay your primary care co-pay when you meet with your care team without the higher costs of specialty care.
- Improve your quality of life. Healthy weight loss can reduce and even eliminate some weight-related conditions like diabetes, hypertension, heart disease, high cholesterol, sleep apnea and joint pain.
- Long lasting, healthy weight loss. This program is designed to help patients who haven’t seen meaningful weight loss despite working with their primary care provider and/or a dietician.
- Personal approach. Your care team will work with you to create a healthy weight loss plan tailored to your medical, nutrition and lifestyle needs.
- If your goal is to prepare for bariatric surgery, we can help you meet those requirements