Locations - Map
1838 Martin Luther King Jr Blvd,Suite B19
Chapel Hill, NC 27514
Phone: (919) 960-7461
Fax: (919) 960-8139
Monday - Friday
8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
When our office is closed, registered nurses are available at HealthLink to help you with acute illness situations that cannot wait until the next day. You will receive individual nursing assessment based upon guidelines given by your medical provider. A complete record of your call to HealthLink will be sent to our office.
If you need assistance after hours, call (919) 960-7461, and follow the voice message prompts
University Internal Medicine at Chapel Hill North provides comprehensive primary care and serves as the medical home for adults of all ages. Our physicians are dedicated to practicing preventive care. We believe in providing you with a personal physician who will work with you “one-on-one” to achieve your optimal health outcomes. Each physician is also committed to providing the highest quality care of chronic conditions including diabetes, hypertension, high cholesterol and heart disease. We welcome new patients.
We offer the following services:
- Wellness exams including preventive, sports, school and employment.
- Immunizations and medication management
- Same-day acute care
- Routine follow-up care for chronic ailments
- On-site laboratory
When needed, we work to coordinate your care throughout UNC’s network of specialists. By sharing the same electronic medical records, we can quickly and effectively communicate with our UNC colleagues about your care.
A medical home is a team-based approach to health care. The team is made of health care providers, support staff and most importantly—YOU. Click here to watch a short video about your medical home.
Your Medical Home
- Take care of you when you are sick and well using proven, researched methods.
- Help you set and achieve health-related goals.
- Discuss with you care plans, tests, procedures and goals so that you are an active participant in planning your care.
- Work with you, additional health care providers and other resources in the community to coordinate your care.
- Answer questions to help you better understand your health needs.
What Can I Do To Help?
- Be an active participant in your care.
- Keep your appointment.
- Provide a complete medical history.
- Ask questions.
- Tell your provider about any other health care professionals who care for you.
- Give feedback about the care you are receiving.
- Ask your team how to reach them after hours.
- Take care of your health.
- Follow the plan that you and your provider develop.
Before Your Appointment, Use This Checklist
- Write down any questions that you may have.
- Put your questions in order of importance so that you are sure to cover the most important question first.
- Bring a list of other health care professionals that have taken care of you since your last visit—include any specialists, hospitalizations or ER visits.
- Write down the medications that you are taking, or bring all the bottles with you to the appointment, including over-the-counter and herbal remedies.