Locations - Map
163 Medical Park Drive, Suite 210
Siler City, NC 27344
Phone: (919) 742-6032
Fax: (919) 663-3018
8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
through UNC Urgent Care:
Monday-Friday 5 p.m.-8 p.m.
And Saturday-Sunday 9 a.m.-8 p.m.
To reach a physician after hours, please call 1-800-900-3727 your message then will be relayed to the physician on call. If you are experiencing a medical emergency, please call 911.
We are happy to schedule an appointment at your convenience. To help us prepare for your visit, please let us know the purpose of your appointment when you call. Our practice uses an automated appointment reminder system that will call you two days before your appointment. If you are unable to make your appointment, please provide 24-hours notice. Appointment reminder cards are available upon request.
Chatham Primary Care prides itself in caring for the entire family, including adults and children.
We are committed to providing quality and cost-effective medical care to a diverse population of patients with chronic medical conditions and special needs. Our philosophy in practicing internal medicine and children’s health care involves a close partnership with our patients to promote a healthy lifestyle. We are dedicated to treating the whole person, recognizing the interplay among physical, emotional and developmental needs. Compassionate and personal care is our mission.
A medical home is a team-based approach to health care. The team is made of health care providers, support staff and most importantly—YOU. Click here to watch a short video about your medical home.
Your Medical Home
- Take care of you when you are sick and well using proven, researched methods.
- Help you set and achieve health-related goals.
- Discuss with you care plans, tests, procedures and goals so that you are an active participant in planning your care.
- Work with you, additional health care providers and other resources in the community to coordinate your care.
- Answer questions to help you better understand your health needs.
What Can I Do To Help?
- Be an active participant in your care.
- Keep your appointment.
- Provide a complete medical history.
- Ask questions.
- Tell your provider about any other health care professionals who care for you.
- Give feedback about the care you are receiving.
- Ask your team how to reach them after hours.
- Take care of your health.
- Follow the plan that you and your provider develop.
Before Your Appointment, Use This Checklist
- Write down any questions that you may have.
- Put your questions in order of importance so that you are sure to cover the most important question first.
- Bring a list of other health care professionals that have taken care of you since your last visit—include any specialists, hospitalizations or ER visits.
- Write down the medications that you are taking, or bring all the bottles with you to the appointment, including over-the-counter and herbal remedies.
Listed below are some of the people you may meet when visiting us.